Let’s give my two cents on the subject, and probably that’s all it is worth towards the majority of influx of comments, but nevertheless I will give my two cents for all its damn value.
- 1995, Dean was told by John it was just a Rugaru hunt, which is curious because we know in season 4 they know nothing about Rugarus, this can just be a discontinuity problem from the writers or maybe something I’ll talk about later on.
- Also, as explained by Mr. Glass, the initial age was supposed to be at 14, but was changed to 16 which moves the year to 1993 to 1995. This will have importance later on.
- Approximately 2 months John had left Dean in the boys home, which encompasses the prom night, which as I know occurs later in the school year from what I’ve experienced.
- This is not justification of what John Winchester did, but insight and explanation into a probable reason why, even if not intended by the writers.
- It may not have occurred to the writers that this may have occurred, but a lot of background information is vague due to a lack of explanation or insight and the fandom usually makes their own deductions anyways.
- It must be understood that the writings may have been a bit ooc because the writers changed a few minute details and were unable to have JDM appear on the show, which could have changed a few key moments, so this is going with what we have.Enough of the set up though, let’s get to the serious part. I fervently believe that John Winchester would do anything to keep his sons out of harm, even if that means they have to learn to protect themselves, so he wouldn’t have taken them on this hunt. Also, sometimes lessons have to be learned, and, personally, I believe there was no physical abuse for those lessons. That’s not the focus though. The lesson being, if any child got arrested and sent to prison, their parents would make them learn a lesson by having them stay a day or two in jail. (The comment made by the police may have been bias from the guy who just got sucker-punched by a 16 year old kid, just putting that out there, but we don’t know.) That’s reasonable, my parents would do it, all of my friends parents have said they would do it to their children, and they’re the most loving parents I know. It’s not an radical form of punishment for this offense, that if Dean gambled his money away that he was given and then tried to steal and got caught. The problem occurs when Dean is sent to be at that boys home, John off on that hunt. So here’s where I need to point out the fact in season 4 they did not know what a Rugaru was. So what if it wasn’t a Rugaru? 1995 is the important I told you to remember, and we have, by two accounts of John’s journal and Jo’s blog, that in ’95 something important happened. 1995, Bill Harvelle was shot in the head by John Winchester.
Cars are freakin’ cool as hell.
He was referring to being responsible for Sam here and now I’m crying
Don’t shit talk 1d when some of y’all liked nevershoutnever
Excuse you? Please don’t disrespect any sort of music choice anyone makes. Thank you.
friendly reminder that all they had to change was that John Winchester wasn’t his father.
This is Dean with no alteration other than the life he was born into. If Bobby and Ellen were his parents and he didn’t have to grow up the way John raised him. This would be Dean. This is who Dean is, if he was able to express himself in a healthy way. This is who Dean is underneath all that John Winchester got to be a manly-man bullshit.
A prius driving, colorful fashionable outfit wearing, phone on a fucking clip on his belt wearing, salad/clense doing, frilly coffee drinking, recipe sharing successful metrosexual (comfortably bisexual) businessman.
You done fucked up, John
uhm no. UHM NO. First of all, this is Dean in a parallel universe where he was not born into the life because guess what, his mother Ellen did not burn on a ceiling because there was no demon trying to feed his nonexistent brother demon blood.
Don’t try and tell me that JUST BECAUSE JOHN WINCHESTER ISN’T THERE IN DEAN’S LIFE that Dean ends up in this UNHAPPY POSITION WHERE HE ISN’T EVEN BROTHERS WITH SAM. Sure, John was hard on them both, he had reason to be, THEY WERE HIS SONS fighting this fight by themselves. They were John’s only family left, the one thing that he had left to protect since he could not protect Mary that single night shit came down.
Look, I’m not pro-John Winchester, he could have probably coped with a lot of things much differently, but there is nothing, NOT ONE SINGLE THING that he held higher than his kids after Mary’s death and that’s why he was so keen on getting them prepared. He made them into who they are because he knew about the supernatural and how dangerous they could be. He may have not been there every single moment, left Dean in charge far too many times when he could barely handle himself, but he didn’t want to lose them too. HE GAVE HIS OWN LIFE FOR HIS SONS, so don’t go and tell me that just because they only altered one detail this is who Dean would become. The one detail you mention is that John is not his father, thus changing his WHOLE LIFE. That’s not such a minor alteration I’d say.
On top of that, this episode ends with Dean specifically saying this is NOT who he was MEANT to be, that he is unhappy and is a hunter no matter what.
Now, I get that this was the Angels ploy to get him to realize this, but it also tells us the audience a little about what Dean and Sam do. It’s something they grew into BECAUSE of John, and it would still follow them if they stopped, whether it be haunted memories or the real thing, and thank god for hunters in this supernatural filled universe. So, please kindly don’t point fingers when there really is no one to blame for this “Terrible Life” the angels set up to show that he doesn’t belong there and his life is better without the suits and office job and 9 to 5 work schedule when Dean Winchester was not meant for that life.
my dad kicked my brother out of the house for a week because of this stupid game
YES THANK YOU
THANK YOU OMG you can be powerful and look cutie ok!
THANK FUCKING JESUS THIS LITERALLY THIS
Peter Capaldi days until the 50th Anniversary.
Matt Smith days until the 50th Anniversary
David Tennant days until the 50th Anniversary
Christopher Eccleston days until the 50th Anniversary
wait a minute
actually, no. don’t wait a minute. i will accept this. i would just clear the bullshit-factory from my mind, get sussed out, constantly have my shit together in every situation, and charged my entire being with creativity and awareness.
i am so down with this~
No more depression. No more anxiety. No more losing my temper at stupid shit. No more crippling fear for the future… None of it.
You guys don’t think big enough.
Feeling motivated and pumped 24/7. Conscious access to your pattern-matching faculties and muscle and generic memory. Splinter your hemispheres and delegate different tasks for improved multi-tasking. Whatever it is you’re doing, from rocket science to playing Starcraft for a living, you’d be dominating the field in a decade.
not big enough.
with 100% brain power you can learn anything much faster than anyone on earth and master it at a record pace, you could out program entire companies, out smart geniuses, never sleep as you can rest your brain in phases become the all powerful being.
every post on this site always ends with world domination has anyone noticed that
I’m waiting for someone to post the gif
Hannibal AU where Will Graham adopts Blue.
He looooves his Blue!
He takes Blue everywhere EVEN TO THERAPY :D
WE ARE GONNA PLAY BLUE’S CLUES!!!!! OOOh I can’t wait to figure this one out!!
Hey that’s not the vet Hanni…
iM FUCKIJGNA PISSIFNG
This is what happens when white guys listen to Indian music
this is my favorite fucking video on the internet
vote yes and support white guys listening to Indian music more often